Electricity is a wonderful thing. It brings all of the fun electronic gadgets around a home to life. To enjoy the convenience of your TV, refrigerator, washing machine, mobile device and computer safely, here are a few electrical safety tips:
• Don’t plug more than one cooking or heating device into the same outlet
• Don’t use all of the outlets on a power strip at the same time
• Avoid using an extension cord for a high-energy appliance, such as refrigerator
• Install smart outlets that automatically shut off in case of overload
• Choose energy-efficient devices to reduce the home’s electrical load
This means that it’s usually best to avoid plugging a rice maker and a coffee machine into the same kitchen outlet. The same rule applies to sandwich makers, toasters, electric grills, electric woks and other cooking appliances.