To keep your home cooler, check out these tricks.
- Cover your windows with curtains or closed window coverings during the day. By doing this, you save energy and enjoy a cooler home.
- Open your window at night when temperatures drop. Your air conditioner will not have to work nearly as hard.
- Create a cross breeze by opening doors or windows across from each other. Then air circulates more freely.
- Avoid hot appliances. For example, use an indoor drying rack instead of your dryer, and try out dinners that don’t require the oven. Again, you save energy and money in the process.
- Sleep lower to the ground where cool air sits.
Follow these tips to get more out of your window air conditioner.